We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • The Mana Retreat website is my first using the MODxCMS. So if I’ve done anything weird then it’s just cause you can. grin
    The design brief was, "take a beloved, 10 year old, broken down, tables based, Microsoft FrontPage website and recreate it with some useful stuff inside modx".

This is the beloved broken down old Microsoft FrontPage website - www.manaretreat.com/2_old_site/

This is the MODx site that he got - www.manaretreat.com/

A bit of the old stuff, like <marquee>, <embed> and the IE meta tag "blendtrans" was brought over and some newer things like Twitter, Wayfinder dropdown menus and @fontface were added.
    The site owner and original creator wanted to retain all or as much of the look and content of his original site as was possible.

Examples:
    Use of Twitter to update the webpage remotely. - www.manaretreat.com/programme/work-exchange.html
    Use of error checking, spam resistant (I haven’t managed to totally integrate them into modx as yet ) php registration and payment forms which are integrated into the modx MySQL dbase.
    - www.manaretreat.com/users/event.php
    - www.manaretreat.com/users/register.php

Please use your ’view source’ feature to see the implementation of @fontface font replacement for all the headings and Wayfinder menus.
    Also the use of <embed> with the <object> tag and CSS image zooming on this page. - www.manaretreat.com/sanctuary.html

After lots of searching and reading and a bit of luck, I was finally able to remove the sometimes annoying ’title’ field pop-up that often obscures drop down menus.
    Method: Remove the ’menutitle’ property from the 17th item - titleOfLinks property in the Wayfinder Snipet Properties tab.

Hoping you will find this useful.
    Your feedback is gratefully received.

Kind regards Stephen - NZ
      • 24,544 Posts
      Very nice. cool

It should be infinitely easier to maintain and improve than the old site. smiley
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • Thanks for that Bob.

I also thank you for your MODx Guides.
        They were a Godsend to a old Newbie.
        (bobsguides.com/MODx.html)