We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Together with thomasgrant, we run what seems to be a very large MODx installation that has gotten completely out of control. We are using it for a global marketing platform, and it is the very core of my current web strategy.

We have begun to heavily modify snippets and chunks, as well as templates and tv’s. I am looking for a way to host a development version of the site and a quick & easy way to "publish" to production. As well as load balance the production among 2 servers. Currently we are getting about 90K visits per day, most of which are handed off to our "login" server to our product. The MODx install is simply a marketing, sales & customer support. Our expected peak this year will be about 275K visits per day. While one server will be able to handle this decent we are looking to load balance for geo diversity and efficiency. My question isn’t how to get the servers in the load balancer. It’s how to effectivly publish MODx on a distributed system and keep it up to date.
      • 0 Posts
      Hello, I found your comment after doing some searching for a similar problem that I’m having. Did you end up finding a way to get modx to work in a load balanced environment? Thank you for any comments you may have.