We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 114 Posts
    http://www.sunrealtyobx.com/

Of note, and this part I’m quite proud of - as well should be the MODx community regarding its powerful SEO when alongside good content - only having launched within about a month or so, the site is placing number 2 on Google on a *highly* sought after keyphrase -> Outer Banks Real Estate. Big up MODx squad.

Some of the agents have (very basic) personally managed subsites, which are also MODx implementations.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for having a look..
      • 77 Posts
      Very nice... !
      Does the site integrate MLS listings searches then in some way, it looks like it does?
      Good luck looks really good.
        MODx Revo 2.1 and done!
        • 150 Posts
        Very nice. I like how you made each agent their own page. Did you use the subdomain plugin for that? BTW, found a little error on this agent’s page: http://www.michaeldavenport.sunrealtyobx.com/contact-me.html.

Care to share how you got the image slideshow to work on the homepage, or more importantly to me, how you got the GoogleMapMarker snippet to work?

Thanks!
          • 4,205 Posts
          Very nice indeed! A great example of a real estate site. The agent’s sub sites rock, it is a very nice touch. Are they managed with the same MODx as the main site?

Nice use of JS effects as well. Very good job grin
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
            • 114 Posts
            Quote from: ER at Apr 11, 2008, 06:39 PM

Very nice. I like how you made each agent their own page. Did you use the subdomain plugin for that?

No plugin, manual setup for each account unfortunately. I just did a db dump of the default content and reinstalled MODx for each. Actually was a pretty smooth deployment process per subsite all said and done.

BTW, found a little error on this agent’s page: http://www.michaeldavenport.sunrealtyobx.com/contact-me.html.

Thanks! I guess I was trying call a snippet from within an eform parmater... Uhhhm, nope. That didn’t work smiley

Care to share how you got the image slideshow to work on the homepage,

The slideshow is based on a Dynamic Drive Featured Content Glider script using JQuery library... I set up TVs for each "slide" on the homepage and wrote a simiple snippet to handle the inclusions and function declaration/initialization -- nice and easy, booyah.

or more importantly to me, how you got the GoogleMapMarker snippet to work?

The map stuff of the homepage was something I hand coded. I gotta say that everything I used for that I picked up by digging through this EXCELLENT Google Maps API tutorial. I needed a little more flexibility, so that seemed like the road to take.

• 129 Posts
              One comment on the design... the yellow background color on my screen looks too close to throwup yellow.
              Maybe look into a darker/bolder/or brighter shade of yellow for the background or make it the same yellow
              as in the header
                [center]-- smiley --[/center]
                [center]New View Media - Custom Website Design[/center]
                [center]Custom Website Design & Marketing = Strategic Business![/center]
                • 114 Posts
                Quote from: XmodX at Apr 11, 2008, 04:14 PM

Very nice... !
                Does the site integrate MLS listings searches then in some way, it looks like it does?
                Good luck looks really good.

nope. just an iframe, i wish there were an API for that thing - but as is that was unfortunately my only option.
                  • 114 Posts
                  Quote from: dev_cw at Apr 11, 2008, 08:59 PM

Very nice indeed! A great example of a real estate site. The agent’s sub sites rock, it is a very nice touch. Are they managed with the same MODx as the main site?

Nice use of JS effects as well. Very good job grin

They are, and each is under its own MODx install which is pulling content for several pages from the main site - which the main site’s admin manages and updates.
                  • Looks great... just wondering what made you use an Iframe and not an Object? I like the subdomain idea aswell.
                      Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
                      AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
                      • 114 Posts
                      Quote from: dhilden at Apr 20, 2008, 04:31 AM

One comment on the design... the yellow background color on my screen looks too close to throwup yellow.
                      Maybe look into a darker/bolder/or brighter shade of yellow for the background or make it the same yellow
                      as in the header

Corporate Style Guide = (most often) Too bad for the designer. I agree with ya that a few adjustments to the palette could make the site pop a bit more, but when restricted based on existing colors there’s not very much leeway.