We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Thought I’d make my first post an intro.

Name: Alan
    Pet hates: IE, Nested Tables & Cheap coffee
    Likes: Anything which allows me to sit at my PC all day grin

Stumbled across MODx by accident and was pulled in by the whole standards based ethic which I’m totally sold on. Intend to use MODx initially for a clan gaming site I run. Totally impressed by what I’ve seen here so far, miles above anything else out there in the opensource world, excellent work guys.

Initial questions...

1. Forum integration? I currently use PHPBB but would like to migrate to something nicer/more standards compliant. Impressed with what you have here and was wondering if this is a homebrew forum or a modified "available" one?

Either way, how easy is it to integrate a forum into MODx as well as member data?

2. AJAX... Totally new to me, but very interested, where can I learn more?

Suddenly my enthusiasm for all things web has re-kindered. Looking forward to joining, what seems, an exciting community.
    • Welcome aboard!

Our forum is a modified default template from SMF 1.1RC2. We’re currently in the final stages of finishing up a module that completely integrates the user system.

Ajaxian is a good Ajax resource.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,495 Posts
        Kewl, another enthusiast designer/developer.

Welcome to the community, and feel free to post any questions in here, hope we can help you as much as you want us to help you.

Your question had been answered by Ryan wink
          Wendy Novianto
          [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
          [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
          • 3,975 Posts
          Welcome to the community smiley

I hope you will enjoy your stay with us.

Best wishes and regards,

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
            • 3 Posts
            Cheers for the warm welcome guys, looking forward to my stay,