We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hello MODx members!

I am currently live and work in Little Rock, Arkansas. I am fortunate to be able to use Linux and many Open Source software while working with a team of admin managing a grid environment of approx 5.7k Red Hat based servers. The team I work with use Linux desktops of Gentoo, Debian, Red Hat and Ubuntu to do our daily work.

On the side I help friends, family and small businesses efficiently use OS software on Windows and Linux platforms. As it is now I am not a webdev guy but really enjoy web technology and am in need of a good website. You know, the cobbler’s children are always needing shoes, type thing.

Well, being appropriately lazy as an admin and geek I seek out quality OS software, which landed me at MODx. I am just starting to get my head wrapped around this CMS and like what I see so far.

I read an Introduce Yourself post where someone stated they really liked Shiner beer. Well her in Arkansas Shiner is well known and our own micro brew , Diamond Bear,is becoming very popular. Diamond Bear lured there brewmaster from Abitta brewery with the promise of his own gig and man-o-man the Irish Red is yummy.

Well - Cheers to all!

Steve
      "Do or do not there is no try" - Yoda
    • Hi Steve, nice to meet you.

Likewise, I’m an appropriately lazy system admin as well - and I share your initial thoughts on ModX as well, I only discovered this a week ago and I’m amazed at it’s capabilities. I’m not only working on a revamp of my personal website but also doing a website for a local aikido club as well using ModX.

Can’t really comment on the Shiner beer as I live across the other side of the pond, but in my view, any beer is good beer!

Cheers, Garry
        Garry Nutting
        Senior Developer
        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
        Twitter: @garryn
        Web: modx.com
      • Welcome and great to have you here! I’m a little biased, but MODx is the greatest thing since Shiner, though I’ll have to try a Diamond Bear if I get back up to Arkansas (despite stealing our Shiner brewmaster, for shame laugh )

Hmmm, all this talk of Shiner is making me thirsty undecided

Cheers everybody!
          • 3,975 Posts
          Hi Steve,

Warm welcome to the community, glad to have you onboard smiley

best regards,

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link