We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi everyone,
    I’m a french guy (says so in my tagname), very keen on CMS which is for me THE media of the future. So I welcome MODX and its promising features, althought i was unable to install it on my machine, because I’m using EasyPHP and the install doesnt work, knowned bug for what i’ve heard...
    Just wanted to ask: Are u fully GNU/GPL? Lots of stuff in MODX doesnt seems to be.
    Are you backed up by anyone or is it a sort of "personnal venture"?
    Thnx for answering me

Cheers,

Toba (The handle i wish i could have used grin)

• As far as I’m aware, we’re fully GPL’d. I’ve personally funded some development and will continue to do so as resources permit. Otherwise, it’s been one big donation party for the entire team of time, energy and talent.

BTW, 0.9.2 should resolve non-English installations once and for all!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 3 Posts
        well done then. The whole look and feel of the website says a lot for the commitment of the team and the potential quality of the product.
        ...to be continued as soon as I can test it locally  wink (without having to install xamp)

PS: My main CMS base is NPDS right now. (www.npds.org) Know them?
          • 835 Posts
          Hi

You can use xampp without install it. Just unzip the archive

Aour
            • 3,975 Posts
            Welcome to the community Toba !

I am sure, you will enjoy your stay with us very much wink ... we have dedicated French community for you.

Well, surf the entire forum, you will find davidm, aour and various other nice guys ready to help you.. so why wait ! wink

best regards,

zi
              Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
              • 7,075 Posts
              As we have discussed before, for the time being drop EasyPHP for local testing. XAMPP is not hard to grasp and is considered one notch ahead for local testing.

As Zi said, don’t hesitate to come by on the french forums, we are beginning to have a nice user base, very active at that and with some "bridgers" who speak both english and french smiley You could certainly be an addition to the core of the french community if you’re so inclined smiley

Anyway welcome !
              I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I do grin
                .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id