We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    We’ve just about got our church website up and running, with modx doing all the work behind it. It’s at http://www.stpaulsweb.co.uk/

We’ve tried hard to make the content standards compliant, and it’s supposed to render reasonably well in both modern and text-only browsers. (It doesn’t do handheld yet, that’s on the to-do list.)

Suggestions for improvements are welcome wink

Cheers
    Jon
      --
      Jon
      • 19 Posts
      Hello Jon -

I’ve just started looking into using MODx for my church’s web site, and wanted to look at yours, but it’s not available. I get the following:

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Regards,
      Preston
        • 6 Posts
        Well, one suggestion would be to find a decent hosting service. The site is hosted on a box at home (it’s under the table in the conservatory!) and my ISP keeps doing odd things to the line, and my router loses authentication, rendering the site inaccessible. It’s availabel again now, and should stay so for a while. If you have more problems just try again an hour or so later.

Jon
          --
          Jon
        • Hi Jon, you might look into a dyanmic dns service to keep the site more accessible.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 6 Posts
            I’ve got a static IP, so dynamic DNS wouldn’t help. The problem is getting the router to try again when authentication fails. I’m working on it smiley

Jon
              --
              Jon