We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi,
    I’m kingskin and I’m writing from Holland. I am more than impressed with the features and feel of MODx and I am looking forward to a local install to see how everything works. I am presently looking at Joomla and Website Baker which are two CMS’s at different ends of the scale, but never the less MODx looks fresher, cleaner, a lot more user friendly and simply excites me more.

I am in no way an expert when it comes to web developement but I am eager to learn as much as I can and to expand my knowledge base and mind. I spend a lot of time sitting behind my computer, the reason for this is because I broke my spine in five places a couple of years back (nasty things those road traffic accidents) and now walk on two wheels instead of two legs.

I’m truely a lucky man to be alive but I am even luckier to have two wonderful children, a beautiful wife who have stood by me through what has been a testing time for them. I also have a faithful dog, a cat and no mice that I know of so I guess the cat can stay.

One of my personal challenges in the coming summer (may 2006ish) is to cycle round Holland on my hand-bike to raise money for charity. A good friend of mine will come with me as support and to sample some of Hollands goodies along the way. When I told him about the project, he jumped at the chance and said, "We will blow all night and ride like the wind all day", I like his style!!!

Enough about me, I would like to round off by saying to the developers Thankyou for MODx, you have certainly got my vote for A winning product!

Bye for now...
      • 680 Posts
      Thanks for all your kind words and welcome to the community. I hope that MODx will server your needs well and I know that there will be many changes coming to MODx in the next few months that will make it much better than it is today.

I wish you the best with your cycling plans, it sounds very exciting. My wife lived in holland for about a year and she says that it is beautiful so I’m sure it’ll be a great trip.
        • 2 Posts
        Cheers Adam,
        I noticed that you said "there is more to come in the next few months", I can’t wait.! laugh Long live MODx.
          • 3,975 Posts
          Hi Kingskin !

Welcome to the community. Thanks for all kind words.

... and best of luck with your cycling trip !

best wishes and warm regards,

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
            • 372 Posts
            Welcome Kingskin, I looked and Website Baker, it was pretty, but just didn’t ’feel" right for me. Where as MODx had that "X" factor, no pun intended wink

My brother in the UK broke his spine in three places two years ago in a motor bike accident, now he has a different kind of two wheel transportation smiley

I can appreciate its much more more difficult and challenging than it appears to us, so all the best for it !

Cheers.
              [img]http://www.emanz.ac.nz/assets/images/logo/emanz-icon_16x16.gif[/img] Emergency Management Academy of New Zealand [br] http://www.emanz.ac.nz[br][br]MODx Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle [br]
              Admin Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle