We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 109 Posts
    I just completed an update of the http://www.mail2grow.com.au [Australian email marketing company] website with modX.

The site utilizes:
    1. Two kinds of TVs for the right hand box content.
    2. ListMenuX for menus.
    3. NeatFAQs for the FAQ page.
    4. TV for "Constant" back-to-top link on the Features List page.
    5. Lots is re-used content (eg. screenshots with jscript popups, testimonials) are stored in Chunks and re-used.

Design is close to table-free, except for one small table for right hand grey boxes.  Haven’t done validation yet, but its pretty close smiley
    • Very nicely done, and a great example of the freedom you have in designing the look and feel of your site using MODx! Thanks for your contribution...
        • 3,250 Posts
        Wow, very impressive!
          • 3,975 Posts
          I can say WOW ! laugh

Well done sir ! and thanks for sharing.

best regards,

zi
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
            • 122 Posts
            That’s really nice.... good work. grin

How did you do the moving ’back to the top’ link? I like it!
              • 372 Posts
              3. NeatFAQs for the FAQ page.

Nice work, as mentioned it shows how versitile MODx is, you can create anything you want. Maybe on the MODx website there should be a Showcase section to show the best of MOPDx sites?

On another issue which is whst brought me to this post, I notice the first FAQ in your list (link below)doesn’t automaticly show when you click the check box. This is the same problem I’m having.

Anyone know why?

(http://www.mail2grow.com.au/help-tips-faqs.htm)
                [img]http://www.emanz.ac.nz/assets/images/logo/emanz-icon_16x16.gif[/img] Emergency Management Academy of New Zealand [br] http://www.emanz.ac.nz[br][br]MODx Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle [br]
                Admin Sandbox Login: sandbox Password: castle
                • 7,075 Posts
                Like it a lot too !
                Nice clean design and great example of MODx’s flexiblity smiley

NeatFAQ is an Etomite snippet, isn’t it ?
                Does it needs modification for use with MODx and if so, do you plan to make it available (Googled the forums didn’t find it) ?

Can’t anwser your question Briggsys... maybe something to do with the port from Etomite to MODx of this snippet ?

About validation, I noticed you have a recurring error

reference to entity "raquo" for which no system identifier could be generated.
                This is usually a cascading error caused by a an undefined entity reference or use of an unencoded ampersand (&) in an URL or body text. See the previous message for further details.

@Ryan, Raymond, Jason and the devs : Isn’t this an i18n issue ? Shouldn’t & (ampersands) be automatically replaced by its html entity : & ? Not sure, since it’s not my area of expertise though...

Anyway, ricardosanX, hats off for this clean website grin
                  .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                • Quote from: davidm at Nov 24, 2005, 08:50 PM

About validation, I noticed you have a recurring error

This is usually a cascading error caused by a an undefined entity reference or use of an unencoded ampersand (&) in an URL or body text. See the previous message for further details.

@Ryan, Raymond, Jason and the devs : Isn’t this an i18n issue ? Shouldn’t & (ampersands) be automatically replaced by its html entity : & ? Not sure, since it’s not my area of expertise though...

Not sure if it is an i18n issue, but perhaps that was the reasoning for requiring the entities for validation; in any case, this probably needs to be addressed at the core and API levels, especially in terms of parsing the link tags, preparing content, and returning URL’s properly from the makeUrl() function. I’ll enter task in the tracker and research/resolve it for the upcoming release.
                    • 109 Posts
                    Hi Thanks for comments.

How did you do the moving ’back to the top’ link? I like it!

This was done using the inbuilt "Floater" widget.  I just set to bottom-right, with text area as input, then just inserted the back-to-top link in the html for the TV.  Too easy with modX.
                    On another issue which is whst brought me to this post, I notice the first FAQ in your list (link below)doesn’t automaticly show when you click the check box. This is the same problem I’m having.
                    Yep noticed this too.  If anyone has a fix to convert from Etomite or modX, please post in Snippets section of forum.
                    I haven’t even tried validation yet. So maybe I should do some debugging first, before we start looking at the modX code smiley

Cheers
                    Richard
                      • 7,075 Posts
                      I don’t think you caused this reccurring error, read Valid XHTML and the Session Problem

For instance
                      Line 50 column 135: cannot generate system identifier for general entity "u".

..w.com/em/mail/subscribe.php?db=23740&u=6394" target="_blank" onClick="javascr

is an url problem with ampersands, not a xhmtl problem.

The cannot generate system identifier for general entity "raquo". error in the title is stranger because you did use the proprer entity »

I checked : read 325: reference to entity X for which no system identifier could be generated on this page : Explanation of the error messages for the W3C Markup Validator

Now you also have errors regarding other entities like   and non SGML character number X error.

You do have Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 set in your server http header, and you did set <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

Maybe it has to do with the missing DOCTYPE but I don’t think so since the validator falls back on XHTML 1.0 Transtionnal... I am curious to understand this..

Quote from: ricardosanX at Nov 25, 2005, 01:27 AM
                      I haven’t even tried validation yet. So maybe I should do some debugging first, before we start looking at the modX code smiley
                        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id