We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 65 Posts
    i (with forum regular Mark’s help) got a new MODx-ified version of my site up and running. it’s the website for my podcast, the sounds in my head (which is a weekly music show, where i play "songs and bands you might have missed").

the site uses the news snippet as the backbone of the site (each episode being a "news" item).

the columns on the left and right use chunks, so i can use them selectively from page to page.

and best of all, the "podcast feed" (the rss that iTunes, etc. reads) is automagically created by the rss feed generating snippet.

Mark really did all the heavy lifting, so i only kinda understand how it all works on the backend, but i LOVE how easy it is for me to keep up with now!

you can check out my new site here:
    http://www.thesoundsinmyhead.com/
      "A great democracy must be progressive, or soon it shall cease to be great, and soon it shall cease to be a democracy." -Theodore Roosevelt
      • 3,975 Posts
      I was looking at your site lately.. (yeah Mark gave me address)

I must say, some solid work is there !! smiley

Thanks for sharing your work, it is definitely a good example for showcasing the capabilities of MODx.

Best of luck with your site smiley

zi
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • 3,250 Posts
        FYI here are the major snippets used:

NewsListing (x9 version)
        NewsArchive (for espisode archives)
        Site specific RSS feed snippet
        • Great job on the content and the coding to you both!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 680 Posts
            We should really have a Testimonies page up on modxcms.com with stories like these. It would be great PR for us and maybe throw some traffic to some of our users.

What do you think?

P.S. I love the site, great work you two.
            • Thanks for the credit link to MODx, too!
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 1 Posts
                Excelent site layout!

Very nice!

It would be very valuable to MODx if you can share your template.

Thanks
                  • 1,732 Posts
                  Hi,

Very nice work guys smiley

Did I hear you say podcasting?

xWisdom
                    www.xwisdomhtml.com
                    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                    MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
                    • 3,250 Posts
                    Yes, podcasting!

Unfortunately most of the snippet is proprietary because of how wompedy saves his files (all neatly arranged by date in the same format and folder). So I was just able to write a custom itunes compliant snippet which uses the alias for the file names and images, a tv for the length, and a php function to calculate the file size.

Raymond, if you want a copy to see how it works just PM me or wompedy.
                      • 61 Posts
                      Sorry for the late post, but your great work needed some additional props.