We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hello
    I’m Stephane Carpentier a french freelance webdesigner.
    As i’m not a real php developper I was looking for CMS to help me to do the job. Hey I don’t want to reinvent hot water and many guys are much better coder than I’m!
    Well, I’ve been testing a bunch of cms for the last 6 months and I discovered modX recently. And that’s impressive! laugh
    That’s probably the simpliest cms i’ve seen. Once installed, you don’t have to understand the logic of the system to add content and organise it in whatever order fits your needs. You just have to read the titles in the manager menu and that’s it.
    Woah! shocked
    Now, i just have to understand how to go far beyond what i get used to with other cms... That means find module to add, howtos, and all thoses things a beginner with cms wants to found to fine tuning one’s site.
      --
      @+
      skand
      aka Stephane Carpentier
      • 3,975 Posts
      Welcome to the community sKanD !

We are glad to have you onboard, below is a list of some links, will help you to figure out much about the software.

Please consult the MODx Documentation to know more about the MODx smiley

Best regards,

zi
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • 4 Posts
        Quote from: zi at Sep 22, 2005, 10:08 AM

Welcome to the community sKanD !
        We are glad to have you onboard, below is a list of some links, will help you to figure out much about the software.
        Thanks for your welcome!

Quote from: zi at Sep 22, 2005, 10:08 AM

Please consult the MODx Documentation to know more about the MODx smiley
        Best regards,
        zi
        Woh!
        [take a false disgusting look ON] But... that’s CODE ![OFF] grin
        Ok i’ll go through it... Where can I buy question tickets in advance ? I guess I’d need some...
        :)
          --
          @+
          skand
          aka Stephane Carpentier
        • Not to worry, we are happy to answer questions. And your questions will help us to see how we can improve our documentation!
            Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
            Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
            Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • 4 Posts
            Quote from: sottwell at Sep 22, 2005, 02:44 PM

Not to worry, we are happy to answer questions. And your questions will help us to see how we can improve our documentation!

Thank you! It’s an uncomfortable position to be the arriving newbie but I guess I can have a fresh vision of what you’ve been involved in for months. I hope that is to be an asset and not a burden...
            Wait and see.

(Edit: I’ve just test the "spell check" before posting, as my english is far from perfect, and I find another impressive tool to ModX’s credit! Go on the good job!)
              --
              @+
              skand
              aka Stephane Carpentier