We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hello, my name is Marino (so, you guessed, my nick is an original one wink)

I have been using Phase/Etomite from nearly the beginning, but to be true, didnt visited the site neither the forums too much (even I didnt know of the existence of MODx :p). Even when I must thank Alex for Etomite, I didnt like some things and did not needed to visit the site, so never were active at all on etomite forums (it started when I submitted a bug report and a fix for Phase and the answer was in the line of "thanks, but it isnt needed as 0.6 will be a rewrite and havent this problem" to later find that 0.6 still had the same problem and that the bugfix werent available anywhere in their site :p.

Even, with some friends we were thinking in a fork of Etomite (we were just in the stage of defining main ideas to make a roadmap), to be free to do our own changes and make then available, but I think our fork-project is dead from now on, as MODx goes the way we wanted to walk, so no need to reinvent the wheel.

About myself, I have some experience with PHP and CMSs, as I were the webmaster of postnuke-espanol.org for three years, until got tired of the polithics wars in the development core of PN and closed the site (http://www.postnuke-espanol.org) and left the PN team.

Other nick I use is "xaplo", which is the one I used when was more involved with Postnuke and later with Evolution.

Said that, my hand is here for any help you need.

As the first step, I’m planning to upload our spanish translation, as soon as it’s converted to MODx.

• Thanks so much for jumping on board. As one of the founders of MODx, I invite you to let us know what you’re looking for and let me know if I get out of line. wink We’re trying to run a differnt kind of project around here, and really value everyone’s input. Thanks for speaking up, and feel free to spread the word... and by the way, you haven’t seen anything yet! wink
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 3,975 Posts
        Hello Marino !

Warm welcome on the forums, glad to have another php guru with us wink

Thank you very much for your kind words about MODx, and we will highly appreciate your contributions.

I hope you will enjoy your stay here smiley

Best wishes and regards,

zi
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link