We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 151 Posts
    UPDATE: Filled via Freelance project site. Go ahead and Mod this post at your convenience.

This job isn’t Modx specific in any way, but I thought I’d post it here for a fellow modx user in case there was interest.

Start Time: Now
    Job Duration: 1 Day
    Budget Constraints: Quotes?
    Payment Terms: COD via Paypal
    IP Ownership: Open to community

Scope:
    I am looking for a jQuery based Carousel for my portfolio items to be made as shown as the attached screenshot.

- The carousel will auto slide left 2 items and will scroll infinitely.
    - Navigation can also be forced by the circle navigation buttons on the bottom, but will continue to auto scroll.
    - Circular buttons will dynamically increase/decrease based upon number of items in portfolio. (kind of option if hard)
    - The third item will be partially out of view and transparent.
    - Each item will be a link, and will have a drop shadow behind it as shown in the screenshot.
    - Upon hover, the drop shadow should increase in opacity (get dark, become more prominent).
    - The final code should be cross browser compliant and be as light weight as possible.

If interested, please send me a quote either as a PM or response to this post. Just to note, I’m going to be throwing this up on a Freelance posting site as well as I don’t know if there will be much interest here.

Thanks for looking!
    -Jared
      • 183 Posts
      I think there are a lot of free JS sliders available you could use for this. For example AnyThinSlider
        Add-On to easily manage your multilingual sites: Babel
        • 345 Posts
        I have found that the jQuery Cycle plugin is a little more flexible than the Carousel plugin. I once created a calendar event scroller with similar requirements. Since it can take any DIV box and slide it around it is fairly easy to use getResources to build the list of items from another resource folder in the tree and away it goes.

The hard part (if any) would be designing a user friendly front end for uploading the screen shots and other info. But, if back end management is assumed, well that would take care of that little issue.