We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    If anyone wishes to message me about the following. You may message me on here or at gil -at- gilbertovelasquez -dot- com.

Site changes that can be accomplished by 12-Noon Central Standard Time today (Nov 3, 2010):

Site as follows:

http://staging.coolazone.com

Changes as follows (from client):

On our "home page"...we need to add a tab for "Accessories/Parts" tab on the top. Let’s move the penguin to the center and put our company contact information for ordering in blue..such as "ORDER NOW blah blah blah...." Stretch the blue behind tabs and white behind everything across the bottom to match the top. We need to ALL of the "Facts for All Fans" to stay there constantly rather than rotate. The "order now" can move down and lets take off the black bullets showing pictures revolving.." Let’s change the "Shop" to "Our Fans" b/c we cannot literally shop.

make sure that the white background goes all the way to the edges on EACH page just like the blue does...don’t like seeing any of the grey on the sides or bottom...

On "About Us"...first and foremost, let’s put the wording in that we used for the About us in our press kit we just did. On The Team, the font is huge and spaced out all the way down...we need to make this much smaller to match the font/color as above and have it the same color. We have to stay more consistent on that page...looks choppy.

On "Shop" it looks like someone just pasted our brochure in here and that doesn’t work on a website. We need to be consistent with stretching all pages to the edges and using the space we have. We need to have a photo of all three fans up top across the page and then the break down of them. Underneath the photo of all three fans lets create "facts for all fan" and instead of going down the page, maybe make three columns of the facts so that it’s easy to read the bullet points and not scroll down so much. We need to take off the facts about our company on this section b/c we have covered this in About Us. Fast Facts need to be on the right or left of the fans, fans photo centered and then we should use three bulleted points about that specific fan such as usage or "perfect for patio and home"etc... I will work on this, but leave room for three one liners to the right or left of each fan. Make the wave go all the way across or take it off all together. The "tech savvy", all in the blade and digital control photos and information should be on here, but I think they shouldn’t be just underneath our "one liners"..

After "shop" tab should be "accessories/parts" tab. Upload each BRIGHT photo and the part number below each item. We DO NOT want it to look just like the brochure..the photos should be more spread out. Upload the spreadsheets of parts from the product catalog on this page below the photos.

On "Applications", there are SOOO many more applications than listed. Please look at Portacool for how they did this...it is GREAT and I would like to do the same layout, idea (we probably are not ready to click on the photos, but at least we can have photos like they do and then bullet the additional applications below...we need to add all of the same applications that they have.. Make sure to add the Emergency/Disaster Relief.

"How it works" needs to be centered across the page. I think below the diagram we should, in orange or blue, add the verbiage that is in the press kit under about us that describes the way it works.

Under "contact us"...cool-a-zone needs to be hyphenated.

Under FAQ...let’s spell out frequently asked questions when you open that page

Under downloads...take the poster off and put the product catalog in...low resolution instead of high.

Under Espanol.. put the deal over the n. Upload the low resolution product catalog and brochure... I dont know if these need to scanned into this so you can actually see them or just be a download...I am thinking we should actually have both in this section.

Under tradeshows/events...the blue for trade show and events could be orange and the grey should be orange or black..not consistent with other pages. We need to add photos of us at events that Hillary has sent over (she has sent several)...I know that they are not high resolution, but we need to put them in.

Under media/press..take off the poster and replace the photo of the girl with the photo of the three fans w/our contact information, like the photo you sent to me for the Hot List. Let’s make the press kit a generic press kit instead of for Sema. be sure to take off the information on the front page. I like the way Portacool has added "press releases" and photos of the fans that you can download...look at the stuff they have...we need all of that type stuff eventually. I like how Portacool has the Click here if you need to contact our marketing department...you can add my email as the link. I also like how they have the items divided up so what you need is easy to find...Oh...let’s add our press release, too.

Let me know when you are done making changes....the show starts at 9am tomorrow...we wanted this up and running Friday so that we would not have all this back and forth. Please pay close attention to detail as I see many little things like the orange tabs not stretched out to the sides...looks sloppy...thanks. We need consistency.

• 5 Posts
      If you also need to call me with questions, in the United States, my number is

+1 281.793.5928

Not sure what other forms of contact any of you may need, but hopefully with here, my email, and my number, that should be sufficient. I hope to gain an answer on this in the next 30mins.
        • 5 Posts
        So, no takers as of yet - is it a time issue? I do apologize for the short time frame. The site is built, I just am not as smart as y’all are and need the help. Anyone?
          • 2,310 Posts
          I take it no-one looked at the site in a variety of browsers?
          See attached screen grab from Chrome on a Mac.
          Seems like a major site overhaul is being expected shocked