We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Greetings,

I’ve been using MODx for my company for about 4 years now which has allowed me to build some really awesome sites for my clients. As such my business is constantly growing and now I’m at the point now where I need to find some reliable MODx programmers that are very well versed in PHP/MySQL. I’m looking for someone that understands the architecture of MODx Evo (I’m hoping to migrate over to Revo in the next few months) and can deliver quality work. Reliability is very important as well. Some months I may have a ton of work (like this coming month) and some months the custom PHP/MODx work may be minimal. In time though I’d like to offload the day to day work. At this time, I’m not looking for a permanent programmer, but probably will look to take someone from a hourly position with my business over the next few months to more of a part-time to eventually full-time position in the coming year.

About me and my company: I’m based in Southern California and have mostly serviced start-up to medium sized companies over the last several years. I’ve mostly been a 1 man show and used sub-contractors when needed for design or programming. I can handle design, CSS/XHTML and a little jQuery, but really haven’t devoted myself to programming and don’t have a lot of time to pick it up at the pace I need to for the projects coming down the pipe. In the last year and 1/2 I’ve taken on larger companies that require more and more advanced programming and now I’m beginning to hit a limit both in time for what I can handle by myself and hitting a wall with my current programming skillsets.

What I’m looking for: I need someone as I mentioned above that understands MODx, PHP programming, (XML and jQuery experience would be great as well) and is reliable and produces quality work which my clients expect. I’d prefer someone in the U.S. for communication purposes, but that’s not a deal breaker. I need someone that communicates well and responds in a timely manner. I’m not really needing anyone that can handle the PSD/CSS/HTML side of things (that part I’ve got covered), but more the advanced PHP/MySQL work. Honestly I need more of a nerd than someone with design/HTML skills. I’ll need you to work the custom programming side of things. While MODx has a pretty good repository of snippets and modules which I can handle, I need someone that understands how to create custom PHP.

Could you provide me:

-- Your hourly rate for contract work
    -- Your location
    -- Your contact info (email and phone)
    -- Years of experience with MODx and PHP (and jQuery and XML if you worked with these)
    -- Any referrals would be very helpful to see the work you’ve done for other clients
    -- Basically just tell me about yourself and what you can bring to the table

Please PM me or email (via the link on the left)

Thanks!
      Precision Web Development ... SmashStack.com
    • I’d just like to add that flinx is an awesome client to work with. Top notch. Nuff said.
        Mike Schell
        Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
        Email: [email protected]
        GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
        Twitter: @mkschell
      • Ha. Thanks Mike. I just need you to come out of retirement and I wouldn’t have to post this request smiley
          Precision Web Development ... SmashStack.com