We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    Hi everyone,

I hope there’s some modx experts out there who can help by providing some advice and help for this new project.

I’m hoping to establish a site which will function in two different ways depending upon which market (B2B or B2C) the site visitor falls within.
    The site will be owned by a computer equipment importer which doesn’t sell direct to the public but sells to dealers who in turn sell to the public.

If a dealer looking to buy stock visits the site and logs in (they will either be issued with a username and password or can create their own account - that’s yet to be established) they are presented with the normal e-commerce ’experience’ like a traditional shopping cart system, although most business will be through invoicing.
    If a member of the public visits they can’t log in so in this mode they can also view the products etc. but instead of adding to a cart they are presented with a list of the dealers who stock that item and from whom they can buy it, with suitable hyperlinks to that product on the dealers site.

It would also be of benefit to allow the dealers to maintain their own list of products, pricing information, and the specific hyperlinks to that product on their site. Keeping this information up-to-date would obviously be in the dealers best interests. Perhaps the list of dealers selling a specific product is presented to the public visitor listed cheapest price first... although that could alienate other dealers... that’s another point to be worked out.

At the moment this is nothing more than an enquiry - your basic ’is this possible using modx plus one or more extras?’.
    I’m also looking at modifying a shopping cart system like Magento, so I’ve got quite a few irons in the fire, but I’ve followed modx development over the years and would really like to get my teeth into it (with the help of a modx developer of course).

All suggestions, comments, ideas and feedback on this project is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance for all I (may) receive.

Tony.
    • Tony, have dropped you email with details some time ago. Please let me know your feedback.

For public: yeah, modx can solve ecommerce tasks.
        modx and ecommerce pro
        • 3 Posts
        Quote from: modx.customize at Oct 20, 2010, 06:18 AM

Tony, have dropped you email with details some time ago. Please let me know your feedback.

For public: yeah, modx can solve ecommerce tasks.

can solve? or solves?
        Couldn’t find solution...
        Thank
        • >>Couldn’t find solution...

worth trying for Evo: shopkeeper
          -for Revo : visual cart

and many more.
            modx and ecommerce pro