We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    Hello

I have a need for Wayfinder to include specific Document Groups to the public visitor. The composition of these Doc Groups will vary dynamically so the &includeDocs parameter is inappropriate.

For background, please see
    http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,28082.0.html

I have no idea how much to pay for this adaptation but am completely happy for the code to be made available for all. I can see it perhaps becoming core functionality one day. Basically, I would like to include/exclude specific Doc Groups in the Wayfinder call.

I guess I would need some form of invoice and I would pay via Paypal.

If anyone can give me some rough estimates on price and delivery then that would be very helpful.

Leapy
      • 2,310 Posts
      Do you mean that some private docs should appear in the menu and some should not and that you would like a parameter that overides the default of private not showing.
      Something like &showPrivate for certain docs, while the other private docs stay hidden unless logged in as a web user?
        • 93 Posts
        Hello

Thanks for asking for clarification.  Your suggestion in my original post covers my needs now but I can envisage a time when that could change. It would be great to have the additional functionality already available at that time.

My ideal scenario would be to have a &showPrivate (?) parameter which accepts a comma-separated list of specific Document Groups to include within the menu tree. This way I can have menu links to certain private Documents Groups visible to public visitors but, as usual, others would only be visible to logged-in visitors with appropriate access rights.

Given the above, I don’t think an &hidePrivate is necessary.

Does that make sense? If not, let me know....

Thanks

Leapy
          • 2,310 Posts
          Okay I see what you mean.
          I’ll have a look next week and see if that’s achievable.
          • Another way to do it would be to simply leave the documents that should show in the public menus out of the document group and use a snippet on those documents to redirect unauthorized users instead, i.e.
            <?php
            if (!$modx->isMemberOfWebGroup(array('Group1', 'Group2'))) {
                $modx->sendUnauthorizedPage();
            }
            ?>
              • 93 Posts
              hello

sorry, have been away

thanks for the tip but I need this automated along the lines discussed

unless I misunderstand it, Jason’s solution would require me manually calling the snippet on non-public pages. these pages are going to be created dynamically by users - some to be visible in public menus, others to be hidden. many may start ’invisible’ and then migrate to ’public’ over time. it would be a nightmare to manage! smiley

the offer still stands if anyone fancies a go at building adapting wayfinder to do what I need...

thanks all
                • 4,205 Posts
                unless I misunderstand it, Jason’s solution would require me manually calling the snippet on non-public pages. these pages are going to be created dynamically by users - some to be visible in public menus, others to be hidden. many may start ’invisible’ and then migrate to ’public’ over time. it would be a nightmare to manage! smiley
                Not quite, you would only need to add the snippet to the template and it would automatically redirect if the user was not a member of group defined in the snippet.

Edit: fixed typo
                  [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don&#39;t know what it is.
                  Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
                  • 93 Posts
                  a ha!

thanks, Shane

you can tell that I am new to all this! I will have to have a play and see if this will do it....

L
                    • 117 Posts
                    Quote from: OpenGeek at Aug 17, 2008, 10:10 PM

<?php
                    if (!$modx->isMemberOfWebGroup(array('Group1', 'Group2'))) {
                        $modx->sendUnauthorizedPage();
                    }
                    ?>

This worked for me nicely (Thanks Jason), except that my login form toggles to logout message instead of showing content.