We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 283 Posts
    Hi Guys ...

I am in charge of the web content for a TV station

we need a plugin for ModX that will enable updatable scheduled playout of FLV movies
    at present we use an online broadcaster for this job, however its not ideal and would prefer to schedule in house.

Im thinking we could somehow tap the Unpublish/Publish time functionality of MODX and use it to create the ability to schedule playout of our programs via a flash player to the web. (however it may be done another way .. thats just my idea!)

The player would need the following :

The ability to full screen AND pop out to a seperate window.
    The ability to play TIMED scheduled content, updatable in the backend of modx.
    Support for module should any problems arise.
    The ability to kill a Yak at 500 yards ... with mind bullets, now thats telekinesis Kyle.

Anticipated start time : NOW
    Anticipated job duration : errr... you tell me > however long it takes!
    Budget constraints : there is money here, its a TV station, as long as you dont take the pi*s .. they wont.
    Payment terms : Negotiable, tho i suspect on completion would be favourable.
    scope of work : mentioned above!
    IP ownership constraints : No problem donating back to the community as LONG as graphicaly the work is substantially different from the initial designs for us!

I can put myself forward to help with design gratis, both for the commercial product and for the product released back to the community, I will also offer help gratis on any other aspects of the project where i can!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Martyn

ps : contact details :

iChat (aim)
    [email protected]

Skype in (regular phone) 01614087242

[email protected]

Thnx!

Everytime you use Flash ... a puppy dies .....
      R.G Taylor