We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hi

I have well ordered but ever growing site that I would like to move over to the modX system.  I figured modX would be great for this project but I might have misunderstood the package and be barking up the wrong tree.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

The site currently hosts about 300 QTVR virtual tours and 300 Java virtual tours.   No knowledge of these formats is necessary as they all run off html templates.  I’m happy to add all the content I just need a hand getting it set up.

The current version of the site has url’s like /virtual_tours/shadwell/media/qtvr/index.php?location=001 which I need to be a bit more search engine friendly. eg /virtual_tours/shadwell/quicktime_outside_bar.php

I have set up  a new domain / ftp / mysql to develop the modX version on. 

I would prefer to pay by PayPal (but am flexible).  1/2 payment mid project and final payment 1 week after completion.

I’m based in the UK and am happy to work with any English speaking communicative developers anywhere in the world.

I’m eager to start and finish the project as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Will

• 2,310 Posts
      Hello Will,
      Sounds fairly straight forward, if a little time consuming!
      http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ is a MODx site that I coded.
      It auto creates links via the database to 100+ flash files and embeds the chosen one onto a single reusable page.
      If you want a chat email me your phone number.
      I’m based in Kent.
      Cheers,
      David