We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 137 Posts
    Hi,

I have a number of client websites running on an old ASP CMS that I developed several years ago. I have been slowly upgrading all of my clients to MODx 095 (and moving them to Linux hosting) but I’m now hoping to speed things up by hiring some expert MODx/CSS help.

There are around 7-8 sites still to upgrade. All of these sites are reasonably small (e.g., clubs, sporting groups and small businesses) and quite simple in terms of layout and features. I would like to start with one site, however, and see how that goes, before contracting out the rest of the work.

I envisage the process will run along these lines:

1. Install slightly customised version of MODx 095 on the target server. *
    2. Copy all asset files (images and docs) to the target server, maintaining directory structure. *
    3. Clean and prepare all HTML files, maintaining directory structure. *
    4. Import HTML docs and ensure correct doc tree structure. ~
    5. Create new MODx template/s, including style sheets for frontend and editor, using CSS layout techniques, based on templates I have already created for other sites, and using the old site’s graphics and colors. ~
    6. Install/configure all necessary snippets and chunks, again based on stuff I have already done on other sites. ~

[* Done by me. ~ Done by contractor.]

I am willing to consider either a quote for the job as a whole or a reasonable hourly rate.

Please contact me (anton #DOT# lion #AT# gmail #DOT# com) to obtain more details, including URLS, and to ask any questions.

Thanks for considering this job.

Anton
      • 137 Posts
      This job has now been taken. Thanks to everyone that expressed interest. smiley

Anton

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.