We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 51 Posts
    I’ve looked high and low for a good zip code locator script to integrate into MODx. So far, I haven’t found anything particularly attractive - so here’s an opportunity to build one.
    Here’s what I’m looking for so far. I’m sure a lot more could be added to this by people more experienced.

• Each location should have its own document, similar to ShopX.
    • Zip lookup options should be flexible: results within x miles, closest results, etc
    • The obligatory Google/Yahoo/Live map integration smiley
    Start time - as soon as you’d like.
    Duration - as long as you take. smiley
    Budget constraints - what’s a reasonable value for the work? I’ve seen offerings from $25 to $500 on Hotscripts, but don’t know how close those figures are to the value of the work this would take.
    I’d like to make this available to the community. What would be the most beneficial terms - free to all? Nominal charge split between the developer and a MODx foundation?
    • ganeshXL, I’d assume it could be relatively easily adapted to other postal codes, though, correct?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me