We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 43 Posts
    Hi,

in the Chapter upgrading (Revolution-Doc) there is written:
    For traditional distribution users, simply upload the files over the existing ones, and then run setup. For the advanced distribution, do the same, but you’ll only need to do so for the core/ and setup/ directories.

Make sure that you don’t overwrite core/config/config.inc.php, and that it’s writable.

I upgraded from rc2 to 2.0.0-pl and got a problem with the full installer, not the advanced one (thread: blank page in frontend after upgrading). As i experienced the problem is this: When you have installed extras (like Wayfinder or Breadcrumbs) and you replace the folder "core", the contents of core/packages are overwritten and even cannot be uninstalled from the manager. The fix: You have to copy the contents of your "old" (backupped smiley ) package-folder into the core/packages-folder, than uninstall the extras with the manager -> package management and install them new.

Perhaps I did not understand the term "simply upload the files over the existing ones" correctly. For me this means "replace the folders"; perhaps it actually means "merge folders"? If this is the case, one should mention it explicitely in the documentation. Perhaps it would make sense to mention all the folders which could contain stuff that should not be overwritten.
      • 4,149 Posts
      Fixed. Thanks.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 43 Posts
        wuah, fast reaction smiley thanks for fixing it
          • 4,149 Posts
          Quote from: bnetz at Jul 26, 2010, 07:00 PM

wuah, fast reaction smiley thanks for fixing it
          Am currently working on restructuring the documentation. tongue
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 43 Posts
            Hey, just recognized that in the new docs your changes (which are still available here (with fast auto-forwarding to "page not found") are not present, perhaps you could update this.