We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 87 Posts
    This wiki is the first point of call for newbies (i.e. me), but it really needs a clean-up and some updating. For example:

• It’s full of spam pages about runescape gold and ugg boots
      I’ve replaced quite a few with a new Template:Spam template, but I don’t have privileges to delete pages. Maybe we need a mechanism to officially nominate pages for deletion.
    • Talking of which, maybe we need a new CAPTCHA
      reCaptcha?
    • The logo is out of date
      This could confuse people; it seems incoherent.
    • We should try and conform to a similar style for marking up code etc.
      This makes instructions clearer and more consistent, and makes the project seem more professional. I have made an attempt at beginning a basic style guide.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please add them.
      • 4,149 Posts
      This is why the official modx documentation is now here:

http://docs.modxcms.com/
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
      • FWIW, the wiki at wiki.modxcms.com is hosted and maintained by a volunteer member of the community (Auz). Feel free to volunteer to help him clean up/maintain this wiki, but official documentation is in the process of moving to/developing in our Confluence wiki at http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/ and that is where the MODx Teams’ efforts are focused.
          • 87 Posts
          Ninja fast replies!

It doesn’t seem to be open to the public for editing, though. Has this been done deliberately to improve the quality of the docs? Still, I think Auz’s wiki is one of the best collections of information that users currently have; maybe there should be a project dedicated to moving its current contents straight to the official wiki?

Thanks for clarifying the situation though.
          • We’d love to have a team to port and update the info at wiki.modxcms.com to our Confluence documentation spot.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 87 Posts
              Well, I might be able to do a few pages here and there...