We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hi,

I am new in MODx so the first thing what I did after installation was to head into the documentation.
    I read fast the documentation then I wanted to go through the tutorial over there. How to setup blog/news site. It took me hours and I could not get it working because many snippets names had changed. I tried to read documentation but after searching in this forum I found out new names. I suggest reviewing this tutorial.
    Further more it took me 1.5 days before I notice that you have also WIKI which is (IMHO) better than documentation on the site because HowTo over there really rocks for new comers. Why not putting http://wiki.modxcms.com/ as documentation and move existing introduction texts and tutorial over there?
    • The wiki is a user-supported and maintained community resource for now. We’d love to have more volunteers contributing to the wiki documentation, so feel free to port content from the site to the wiki and join the effort.

Regardless, you’ll see completely new documentation for the 0.9.7 releases and beyond, both in terms of new wiki content, as well as the official documentation and tutorials which will be made available in various formats.