We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    hi

I have install modx 0.9.2.2 on hostforweb server this is their server settings.

Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
    Perl modules Click to view
    Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
    MySQL version 4.1.21-standard
    PostgreSQL version 7.4.13
    PHP version 4.4.3
    PHP info Click to view
    PERL version 5.8.7
    Kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp
    Machine Type x86_64
    cPanel version 10.9.0-STABLE-58
    cPanel Pro Version 1.0 (RC36)

I have successful install modx as index.php shows up fine but when i go to administration under "/manager/index.php" it shows

=========================================================
    HTTP Status 404 - /manager/index.php

type Status report

message /manager/index.php

description The requested resource (/manager/index.php) is not available.
    Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

=========================================================

The file is there and its permission is correct.

.htaccess additional configuration as suggested from the forum

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    # Turn off mod_security filtering.
    SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn’t needed, but better safe than sorry.
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>

someone please help me ?

Cheers

Mave
    • It looks like you have Tomcat running on your server which I believe uses /manager as it’s default URL for backend administration. Since this is also the name of the MODx manager, this is going to conflict. In future releases (after 0.9.5), you will be able to rename and place the manager directory in a full customizable location, but until then I’m not sure there is a way to address this from the MODx perspective. It may be possible to disable Tomcat or possibly even have it reconfigured to not use the /manager URI for internal admin, but it’s been quite a while since I’ve worked with it.

Has anyone else run into this and found a way around it short of renaming the MODx manager directory and then changing all references to it in the code?
        • 49 Posts
        Have you come to any solution friends?

0.9.6 is not a release yet, so I don’t want to use on a client’s site yet.

Is it still possible to switch that stuff off at tomcat?
          • 29 Posts
          Hi,

anyone found a workaround for this?
          • There is no change in 096 for this.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 1 Posts
              I’m totally new to MODx though I’ve worked with other CMS like Joomla and Drupal.
              I encountered the same problem and had no choice but to install MODx in its own directory as opposed to the root directory of the domain. Has anyone possibly come up with a better solution?