We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 205 Posts
    I have been using Mailbuild, branded for client needs and have been impressed with the functionality and ease of use. CampaignMonitor is the direct end user version, Mailbuild the reseller version.

They have an API (http://www.campaignmonitor.com/api/) which is quite easy to integrate to Modx, but I wonder if this could be better integrated as part of an email marketing solution. The APi does allow users to subscribe/unsubscribe, updating the Mailbuild database but it would be beneficial to get that info into a single sign-up form, e.g when you sign-up as a member via Modx, you can also specify if you want to join mailing list and the email, name etc updates mailbuild database so user only has to enter info once

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    • I’ve used MODx to manage mail newsletters as well for delivery in Campaign Monitor. It’s a great combo indeed.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 228 Posts
        I’m hoping that the Newsletter snippet gets energized... seems like progress has already been made to internalize much of what you would need to send text and html based emails... but I get the impression that it’s been taken off the stove or is sittin’ on the back, back burner.
          | Identity Developments delivers SEO focused web design and web presence services
          - it's not about websites, it's about your identity. |
          • 7,075 Posts
          The newsletter snippet has not been modified since Wendy has no more time to dedicate to it... I agree it’s too bad since it’s was deeply integrated with MODx. Maybe Wendy will be able to pick it up or someone will take the job along the way... But it’s a bit off topic here...

I had come accross campaign monitor when looking for an alternative, seems really great indeed... Not sure it’s localized in french though...
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id