We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    hi

i think the minimum system requirements (apache, mysql php versions) should definitely be stated in the "getting started" section of the documentation (either as a new item or in the "installation and configuration" page, before the installation sequence).

here is what happened to me: i first looked in the documentation, didn’t find anything, then tried to install modx. the installation procedure ended up with innodb related mysql errors and a blank page. not good. finally i found some requirements in the faqs. (btw: there it says PHP 4.3.10, whereas in the installation it says 4.3.8 or higher.) i then installed on a updated server and - it worked.

also, it would be fabulous if the installation process did a check whether these requirements are met on the installation platform - just as it checks the database connection. (talking about database: perhaps an option should be included to create one from within the modx installation process?)

thanks for creating a cool standards compliant cms!