We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 205 Posts
    I was just using the documentation / tutorials and following throught the steps for users registration and web sign-in.(blogs)

This is OK and quite easy to follow but here are the questions I wanted to raise following my little journey

1.and edit the link in the login form chunk to reflect that ID. - What chunk, theWebLoginTpl does not seem to ship with a new version of MODx as standard?

2. WebSignup snippet - How would a new user know how to format the fields. For example they may wish to change Zip to Postcode or apply CSS formatting. It would be usful to provide more info here regarding using a chunk and where the default template can be modified.

3. Having created the login form and logged in, it would be nice to now display the Welcome "Guest" or Welcome "User" on the page. There does not seem to be any documentation on how to do this or how to add the logout option at the end of the name rather than having to go back to login page (if seperate) to log out. This woudl also be nice to have in this section

As I say this is just my feedback having used this documentation section and I thought it may be useful
      • 48 Posts
      Quote from: edge at Jan 31, 2006, 01:48 PM

3. Having created the login form and logged in, it would be nice to now display the Welcome "Guest" or Welcome "User" on the page. There does not seem to be any documentation on how to do this or how to add the logout option at the end of the name rather than having to go back to login page (if seperate) to log out. This woudl also be nice to have in this section

Hi Edge, until the docs explain how, here is a snippet to do the job

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,3058.0.html