We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,975 Posts

Please download the attached ZIP file.

Contents:

• Getting started with MODx
    • API Quick Reference
    • The Developer’s Guide
    • Binding Template Vairiables to a Data Sources
    • Creating a Template Variable
    • Creating Web Users and Web Groups
    • How to duplicate a document
    • Importing a site
    • Template Variable Display Controls

All files inside the ZIP archive are in MS-Word Format.

Update: Now files are available in PDF format too smiley.

Download in WORD format | Download in PDF format

Best wishes and regards,

zi
      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
    • Here is an updated Word Doc for the Getting Started tutorial for TP3.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 14 Posts
        This stuff is pretty old but very well written and illustrated. I’m wondering about the accuracy of the description of the System Architecture in the Developer’s Guide especially as we transition into 9.5 and 1.0. Is this for the most part (70-80%) how Modx and Tattoo will work? Is this a good foundation to examine the code from? Or have too many things changed? And what is the status of the revision of this document? Any plans to do so? Anyone already partway there?

The online documentation doesn’t seem to get into this sort of high level overview. I’m asking as one who wants to help with the documentation so if anyone wants to email me with bits and piece of their own comprehension/draft documentation I’d be more than happy to attempt to pull some new documentation together starting with this sort of an overview.
        • The system architecture guide from 0.9.5 to 1.0 will not be the same from a details perspective. It will actually be totally object oriented and abstracted, and very lightweight. The basic concepts and "elements" and "resources" available will actually be reduced in number, but greatly increased in flexibility as well. The code base should take a huge drop in size too.

We would LOVE getting documentation improved and a good contribution to that effort I’m certain would punch you a ticket straight to the core team. smiley
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • Indeed, I can’t document what I don’t understand, so a serious power user that can also submit documentation on what he uses and learns is always more than welcome!
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • 14 Posts
              @Ryan--I’ll see what I can do. I’m assuming that the current dev guide still *more or less* reflects the architecture of Modx 9.5 and below then? Bare in mind, I’m up against a learning curve as I’m not a programmer. But Scotty has me inspired.

@Susan--I’m in no way going to call myself a serious power user; serious, yes but the power winks on and off.
              • neutrino,

As long as it keeps winking back on you’ll do just fine!
                  • 14 Posts
                  Quote from: rthrash at May 26, 2006, 04:08 PM

neutrino,

As long as it keeps winking back on you’ll do just fine!

And thank god it does . . . wink
                    • 131 Posts
                    Just found this useful doc files.
                    Please put link to them on downloads or documentation page
                      Как русифировать Modx 0.9.6.1(QuickEdit, TinyMCE)
                      QuickEdit под win-1251 без mb_-функций