We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    Hello!

I really like MODx for many things in it, especially the freedom it gives to webmaster. However, I am in general dissatisfied with the WYSIWYG model for things like (X)HTML and even richtext. Honestly, I think it’s good mostly in graphics.

I would really love to be able to use WYMeditor as content editor in Revo (or, more concretely, allow the people who will work with content use it), but I don’t know how. The wymeditor homepage says that it is integrated in MODx, but I couldn’t find it in addons neither for Revo, nor for Evo.

I searched this forum for related topics, but all were only questions and requests.

I know some of Javascript, JQuery and PHP (although my experience is poor), so I could try doing some "dirty coding" on the way, but I need some advice from where to start.

Thanks.
      <em>The Earth is not the hell, and people aren't cursed, and joy in not a sin, but a gift of God.</em> (Lesia Ukrainka)
    • Checking out existing plugins may be a good start wink

I’ll be going through the same path some time soon for Markdown so do share what you find out!
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 35 Posts
        Quote from: Mark at May 17, 2011, 03:55 PM

Checking out existing plugins may be a good start wink
        Umm, what plugins do you mean? I’ve already checked the MODx addons (extras), but the only editor for Revo is TinyMCE...

Maybe I was unclear in the initial post. I want to integrate wymeditor into MODx manager just as TinyMCE is.
          <em>The Earth is not the hell, and people aren't cursed, and joy in not a sin, but a gift of God.</em> (Lesia Ukrainka)
        • You gave the answer - TinyMCE smiley

The idea is the same, but you’ll have to know what the WYMeditor code does.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 35 Posts
            Quote from: Mark at May 17, 2011, 10:18 PM

You gave the answer - TinyMCE smiley

The idea is the same, but you’ll have to know what the WYMeditor code does.
            Ok, I understood. You mean taking TinyMCE as the example. I will try. Thanks!