We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    I think that would be a very useful feature in one click to move or open a new tab in the desired chunk or snippet, while editing the template, or other parts of the site.
    Let me explain.
    Here, I edit the template part Clarity, for example:
    <div id="login">
        [[Login? &loginTpl=`FormLogin` &errTpl=`FormLoginError` &loginResourceId=`4` &logoutResourceId=`1` ]]
        [[ForgotPassword? &resetResourceId=`47` &tpl=`FormForgotPass`]]
    </div>

If I want to see or change the chunk FormLogin (or FormLoginError, FormForgotPass), then I have to scroll through the tree elements of the site. Open container chunks, then open category Claritypack and only then I can choose to edit the chunk. This is assuming that I remember well, where is the desired chunk.
    Total of my actions: move the mouse back and forth + 3 clicks. But I would like to remove unnecessary steps: for example, when you press "CTRL + left click" on the name of a chunk or snippet in the editor and have at their disposal menu: "quick editing, open, open a new tab". For example.
    Then the process changes will accelerate markedly, as I see it, at least.

P.S. I apologize for my English. The text is made online translator with some revisions.
      • 24,544 Posts
      That would be a really nice feature. You can put in a feature request for it at http://bugs.modxcms.com. Even better, you could develop it yourself and submit a pull request at GitHub. wink

You do know about right-clicking on the element or resource you want to change and selecting Quick Update, right? smiley
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 2 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Feb 07, 2011, 08:34 AM

You do know about right-clicking on the element or resource you want to change and selecting Quick Update, right? smiley

Yeap!:)
        • Like the idea. How would that work with the current element you’re editing though? Would it save it, discard changes, or would the chunk/snippet etc be opened as a quick update?
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.