We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 78 Posts
    Quote from: microcipcip at Mar 12, 2011, 06:37 AM

I think this is a default feature of MODx 1.05, check here: Tools > Configuration > Site > Automatic Template Assignment

This works when you create a new resource from the manager tree... but the system doesn’t follow that rule when you create a new resource from quick manager (which is where most of my users create new articles from). It defaults to the parent instead (even though the new resource is being created from the parent to create another child resource).

Is this a bug that we should report?
      • 615 Posts
      Quote from: microcipcip at Mar 12, 2011, 06:37 AM

I think this is a default feature of MODx 1.05, check here: Tools > Configuration > Site > Automatic Template Assignment
      Ah, of course. Thanks! I didn’t know about that. It works fine now, with the system setting.
        I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
        • 1,098 Posts
        Quote from: nclemente at Mar 12, 2011, 07:10 AM

This works when you create a new resource from the manager tree... but the system doesn’t follow that rule when you create a new resource from quick manager (which is where most of my users create new articles from). It defaults to the parent instead (even though the new resource is being created from the parent to create another child resource).

Sorry nclemente I was answering Sylvaticus. Do you know Template Rules Plugin? The Plugin allows you to choose automatically a template for every nested page, is very powerful. I think that it should work even with Quick Manager (I did try it with MODx 1.03 or 1.04), you can download it here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,38684.0.html.
        Just be aware that sometimes doesn’t work on localhost, I don’t know why, but should work fine when is online.
          • 78 Posts
          Quote from: microcipcip at Mar 13, 2011, 10:33 AM

Quote from: nclemente at Mar 12, 2011, 07:10 AM

Sorry nclemente I was answering Sylvaticus. Do you know Template Rules Plugin? The Plugin allows you to choose automatically a template for every nested page, is very powerful. I think that it should work even with Quick Manager (I did try it with MODx 1.03 or 1.04), you can download it here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,38684.0.html.
          Just be aware that sometimes doesn’t work on localhost, I don’t know why, but should work fine when is online.

Nope didn’t know about it. Will try it out... thanks!