We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Then I guess I'll have to try it and see myself. I'm definetely going to buy the Guide as I'm starting to feel comfortable in Modx but need more info on how to add more functionalities to the websites I make, I need more details and this is still hard to find on the Internnet. Moving to another cms is not an option, for me it would mean going a step back.

I'm still a bit ashamed of my poor programming skills as most of the community members here are skilled developers. I'm much better in designing and I hope maybe someone could help me a little also this time...

I have an eform on my website and I want to use tcpdf to create a pdf which would output all the data that user puts into the input fields. The user has a possibility to download a pdf or send it (there are two buttons on the form page).
    I've set up the tcpdf and works well on any other standard page.
    Here is a piece of my eform:

<div class="formdataOut">
    	<label for="przyrzPom01">
    		<div class="zwPyt">
    		Nazwa, typ, nr fabryczny: 
    		</div>
    		<textarea name="przyrzPom01" id="przyrzPom01" rows="2" cols="50" eform="Nazwa przyrządu pomiarowego::1:"></textarea>
    	</label>
    </div>
    <div class="formdataOut">
    	<label for="zakrPom01">
    		<div class="zwPyt">
    		Zakres pomiarowy: 
    		</div>
    		<textarea name="zakrPom01" id="zakrPom01" rows="2" cols="50"></textarea>
    	</label>
    </div>

I also thought about another solution. Rather than getting form data directly to pdf, maybe after submitting, the form displays on the webpage by adding this to the snippet call:
    &noemail=`1` &thankyou=`myReport`

and then it's easy to get a pdf. But still, there needs to be a possiblility to send a form, so how can I achieve it on this stage?
      muriz.com
      • 17 Posts
      Please, can anyone help me with this?
        muriz.com
        • 17 Posts
        I'm stuck with this one, I'm crap in programming. I'm sure someone could give me idea what would be the way to solve it or at least where to look for help...?
          muriz.com
          • 1,098 Posts
            • 17 Posts
            Thanks for the links microcipcip. These posts concern eform mostly but some parts might be helpful. The thing is that I know how to pass form variables to a report but this way doesn't work for pdf. It will only display the placeholders inside of the pdf like so:
            [+Name+]
            [+Adress+]

muriz.com