We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 84 Posts
    The following is a XHTML valid way of using this player.
    I am using the slim player here, but the same goes for the full version.
    This example is for playing a single song, insert playlist parameters as you need. Remember to use the & encoding of any ampersands. Note that the song URL and parameters is needed twice to maintain browser compatibility.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    data="[(site_url)]assets/flash/xspf_player_slim.swf?player_title=Click here&song_url=[(site_url)]assets/media/song.mp3&song_title=My song" 
    width="300" height="30">
            <param name="quality" value="high"/>
            <param name="bgcolor" value="#E6E6E6"/>
            <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    	<param name="movie" value="[(site_url)]assets/flash/xspf_player_slim.swf?player_title=Click here&song_url=[(site_url)]assets/media/song.mp3&song_title=My song" />
    </object>

Cheers,

Andreas
      • 30 Posts
      Hi, I know this is a long time ago. I'm trying to install xspf player on modx revolution 2.2.2. I've been following the wiki tut by doze. I cannot get the player to recognise my songs. I can get the player on the page but no songs. Have done a playlist as described in the tut and it's in a folder with all the mp3s in assets/songs/ - but nothing. I don't understand what I should be doing with the playlist_url [~17~], I'm not great with php, what should I replace 17 with? My code is below, any advice would be appreciated.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
      codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"
      width="250" height="250" >
      <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"/>
      <param name="movie" value="assets/xspf_player/xspf_player.swf"/>
      <param name="quality" value="high"/>
      <param name="bgcolor" value="#E6E6E6"/>
      <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
      <embed src="assets/xspf_player/xspf_player.swf?playlist_url=[~17~]"
      quality="high" bgcolor="#E6E6E6" name="xspf_player" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain"
      type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
      pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
      align="center" height="250" width="250" wmode="transparent"> </embed>
      </object>
        • 228 Posts
        mpxedwards, I don't know that I can help you with your problem specifically, but I can tell you that this article that is relevant to the Evolution branch of MODX and it sounds like you may not be aware that the newer Revolution branch is a completely refactored version of the CMF and there are many changes in the way it works - tags are different for a start.

In Evo, the tag syntax for a link is [~17~] but in Revo the equivalent would be [ [~17]] (without the space between the opening brackets - this commenting system strips it out if I remove it)

Take a look at Bob's Guides page for tag syntax comparison between Evo & Revo:
        http://bobsguides.com/migrating-revolution.html

[ed. note: christianhanvey last edited this post 11 years, 9 months ago.]