We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    Hi all,

When having a site live, I would like to be able to supress errors generated by php. Like warnings and so on.

I think it would be nice to have a configuration option in de site configurater to enable or disable the display of php-errors.

Even nicer would be to redirect the errors to a log. However, I don’t know if that is possible.

regards,
    purple

Purple
      === Don’t forget to smile ===
    • The error warnings are already supressed, but not logged. That’s a good idea. Perhaps you’d like to suggest it on the bugtracker?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 14 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Jan 09, 2006, 10:18 PM

The error warnings are already supressed

Well, yes and no. The are suppressed by using an error handler as far as I can see.
        People using a version of php before 4.3.0 will get the php-warnings without the error handler catching them.
        So setting display_errors to zero would make certain they are suppressed.

I don’t know what version of php is common use at the moment and if it is worth the effort.

I’ll put my suggestion on the bug-list.

Purple
          Purple
          === Don’t forget to smile ===