We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 32 Posts
    Would it be possible to build functionality that allows content from modx to be included in flash files (.fla) which it would then render into swf files automatically for display on the users site?
    • A little bird told me that something like that is being explored. But I’ll deny having ever said that of course. wink
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,495 Posts
        EHmm.. how about let MODx generate an XML or plain text, then your flash need to handle the output from MODx and translate it into whatever that you want inside your flash.

Take an example of rss feed, which MODx capable of doing it, by assigning the document type for MODx generated content, and the rest is up to your flash program. Your flash need to be able to fect the xml/text input from url, and parse it.

I think it will be do able, don’t you think?
          Wendy Novianto
          [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
          [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • I am working on a site now, producing content that can be delivered via MODx, or to an alternate Flash version of the site. I found some great ways to do this using SWiSHmax (see http://www.swishzone.com/), which can connect directly to a PHP script via URL, but the site I need to connect was already designed in Flash, so... Now, I am anything but a Flash guru, so I’m not yet sure how this will work in Flash itself, but it should be very doable, and I’ll share what I learn once I get a chance to work on it some more, probably later this month.
            • 573 Posts
            Hi,

i am also looking to hook modx up with flash.. all i need is text from the wysiwyg to be saved as xml.. which flash can than handle. is this currently possible? i would really like to use modx for all my web work, flash and xhtml/css sites.
              • 1,495 Posts
              Quote from: g5604 at Jan 09, 2006, 10:40 AM

Hi,

i am also looking to hook modx up with flash.. all i need is text from the wysiwyg to be saved as xml.. which flash can than handle. is this currently possible? i would really like to use modx for all my web work, flash and xhtml/css sites.

Sure you can, all you need to do, when creating a new page, set the right content type in the page setting for text/xml, then you can save the document, and ask your flash movie to fetch from that specific url that direct to the xml content. (Credit to Zi, for pointing that functionality out in solving css editor)
                Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                • 573 Posts
                ah! AWESOME grin