We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 122 Posts
    Hi.

I have a suggestion for additional usefulness of the snippets tab of the edit document dialogs.

At the moment, the list only displays the snippets that are available to be used. What it doesn’t show is the parameters that are associated with the snippet. For examples [[ Snippet?id=4 &title=hello ]].

My suggestion is to add a comments field/tab in the ’Manage Resources’ section where the Snippets are added. There is already two tabs, ’General’ and ’Properties’. A third tab maybe added which the administrator can add information on how to use the snippet, and indeed which snippets are for the template only, like menu snippets.

The information from that field would then be visable (view only) when the snippet name is clicked on in the document editor > Snippets tab to help the user use the snippets from the list. There is just about enough space to add a comments field on the side of the snippet list, if the snippet list width is reduced slightly (does it need to be that wide?)

Of course the text in the suggested field is entirely up to the administrator to use. But it’s something that I would find very useful to allow my clients to use, as they would not have access to the snippet code.

Hope this makes sense.

Additional thought.... maybe the option to manage the snippets that do actually get listed in the document editor snippets list.
      • 3,250 Posts
      Very good idea!

Please add this to the bug/feature tracker at modxcms.com/bugs