We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Chunks, er Snippets, are pretty close to exactly what is needed I think. Adding Widgets to them should be a doable thing I think, and definitely bears considering the pros and cons of. Perhaps it all just merges down to a Content Field in general!
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 19 Posts
      Quote from: rthrash at Aug 23, 2005, 07:50 PM

Perhaps it all just merges down to a Content Field in general!
      That sounds great! Reduces jargon, too.
        • 1,732 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Aug 23, 2005, 07:50 PM

Adding Widgets to them should be a doable thing I think, and definitely bears considering the pros and cons of.

Hmmm,

You would like to pass the output of a chunk or snippet through a widget? Wouldn’t that adding too much flexibility to the system? smiley Just imagine you your Weather Watch Widget scrolling across the screen!

Ok, it’s voting time. Who’s up for this idea?

xWisdom
          www.xwisdomhtml.com
          The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
          MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
          • 16 Posts
          I like the idea of giving your site global STDs, I mean STVs. I also like the idea of a consolidating these onto a global STD page like a configuration page. It still seems a little redundant considering there are already chunks but I may have missed the point. undecided Unless we are talking about consolidating TVs and Chunks. Which would be great. Especially if we named them CHACOS! We all know what CHACOS rhymes with!!!
            • 1,131 Posts
            I’ll take an order of MODx...supersized with a half-order of CHACO’s! Mmmm!
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • 3,250 Posts
              Make that 2 orders of MODx...supersized. laugh
                • 113 Posts
                Oh, those CHACOS look so HEALTHY!!!

Great discussion here. The merger/consolidation idea sounds pretty cool.