We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 125 Posts
    Hello everybody,

Thanks for the great work done, it’s gonna be the CMS what I was looking for!

Using TV and templates for example to make an advertising is great, but the large [*content*] area in the manager is a bit overkill and not precisely named in respect to what it "should" contain when a site editor wants to add an advertising.

So it would be great if [*content*] could be a TV as well which perhaps by default is enabled for each template, but it would be nice if I can deselect it for certain templates.
    I hope you get what I try to make clear ;-)

If this is allready planned, sorry for bothering but I can’t remember to read it somewhere....

Keep up the great work!

Best,

Remon
    • Hi Remon,

This is an often discussed idea behnd the scenes and is not as simple as it would first seem. I’ll leave it to the guys who actually know how to implment this to discuss the challenges associated therewith, but if I recall correctly it might lead to some backwards compatibility issues, which personally I don’t care about but others might. Raymond, can you comment on the issues with this?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,732 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Jun 06, 2005, 02:26 PM

..if I recall correctly it might lead to some backwards compatibility issues, which personally I don’t care about but others might. Raymond, can you comment on the issues with this?

Yes, this feature will be supported in TV 2.0. It will be backward compatible with TV 1.0.
          xWisdom
          www.xwisdomhtml.com
          The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
          MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
          • 125 Posts
          Wow, thats good news, thanks!

Any estimate when TV 2.0 will be out? hehehe smiley

P.S.
          Is there any irc channel?
            • 1,732 Posts
            Quote from: R.S. at Jun 06, 2005, 06:22 PM

Wow, thats good news, thanks!

Any estimate when TV 2.0 will be out? hehehe smiley

Well real no time estimates as yet but we are hoping to release a beta version shortly after we have released the Tech Preview with module support. TV 2.0 will give you greater control over page layout among other things.
              xWisdom
              www.xwisdomhtml.com
              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
              MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.