We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 29 Posts
    Wow, that's amazing what cool ideas already have been posted on the list. Sound very very promising! smiley

However, (my wish for the wishlist:) please try to keep it simple to use. Powerfull but simple. Eto was soo easy, everyone could use it. I don't need another Typo3...
      • 113 Posts
      Powerfull but simple. Eto was soo easy, everyone could use it. I don't need another Typo3...

Hear hear! My first thought when seeing all the ideas flying around was, "oh no, here we go again." I know we all agree on this point, but I don't think it can be overstated.
      • I can promise you that while the power will increase exponentially, MODx will remain as simple (and even probably more so!) than that which proceeded it. laugh
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 119 Posts
          I can promise you that while the power will increase exponentially, MODx will remain as simple (and even probably more so!) than that which proceeded it. laugh

I think at the end of the day if all you want to have is one big HTMLarea content block that you call with [*content*] then you are totally welcome to do that. I think for any real site that wants to break down their content pieces they will take advantage of the MODx functionality but you don't HAVE to, you can always jump right in. Then once you really learn how to develop a site in a CMS you have the option to smiley