We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 354 Posts
    Yesterday the wiki dns pointed me to some wrong site. Now it appears to be gone entirely. I am sad to see that.

I hope this is only temporary since I would miss it greatly. It contains useful snippet documentations and howtos. Also some of the Evolution api was documented only there afaik.
      • 180 Posts
      sure, that’s bad news if it doesn’t come back !
      but i think it will smiley
      quick, because i needed to read something... grin
      • Definitely not good news. Many of the API functions are only documented there, besides all of the add-on documentation there.
          Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
          Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
          Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
          • 3,975 Posts
          Good news guys, the wiki will be live soon. The server it was hosted on had some issues, which are being worked on. As soon as its done it will be back. smiley
            Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • Hey folks. While this server may be down this brings up an important matter. Much of this documentation including the Evo API and some of the tutorials are long overdue to be migrated into the official documentation or to the upcoming new Learn section on modx.com. In addition, there are spaces available to host user contributed tutorials like the AJAX tutorials and more. Many folks have complained over the years about the docs being scattered here and there. There is some great documentation on that wiki but there is also lots of outdated and inaccurate info and since few people actually know about it (save for you savvy folks) it likely will continue to grow further out of date, especially in relation to Revolution. We welcome your thoughts and ideas on approach or alternatives.

If you’d like to adopt a page or volunteer to migrate an important part of the documentation—especially the Evo docs and the Evo API, please post here.

To locate the wiki docs while the server is down you can see it here: http://web.archive.org/web/20090220175907/http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Main_Page

Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
              • 77 Posts
              I would love to see a ’Demo’ section, where you actually see the code in action.
              Sometimes it’s hard figuring out what is available, the right piece of code, add-on etc. in order to build things out.
              Thinking of creating my own set of demos, but I’m sure I’ld have troubles finding much of the demo code, snippets etc. that is out there in the wild.

Without seeing the code in action it’s just hard to keep track of, there’s not even a screenshot of most of these coded items.
              That’s fine when you can just paste it in your sandbox install and see what happens though.
                MODx Revo 2.1 and done!
                • 87 Posts
                If someone can create a new section in RTFM for ’Evolution Addons’ as opposed to ’Revolution Addons’, then I’m happy to help start porting across documentation for the major Evo addons (Wayfinder, Ditto, that sort of thing).
                • Quote from: legio_noctis at Jul 10, 2011, 11:22 AM

If someone can create a new section in RTFM for ’Evolution Addons’ as opposed to ’Revolution Addons’, then I’m happy to help start porting across documentation for the major Evo addons (Wayfinder, Ditto, that sort of thing).
                  agree.
                  i need to move over the easy 2 gallery section.
                    Rico
                    Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
                    MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
                    • 91 Posts
                    I am happy to assist with migrating old wiki to rtfm.

I’ve done the CLA thing, and been accepted.

Sign me up
                      MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud