I’ve been told I have to report this on the forums as well, so here goes.
1) Your registration form SILENTLY fails when you register a new account. No error, no confirmation, no message that something is wrong in your backend, nothing. Did I tell you I think this is awful? First people tell me to stop venting on twitter and start submitting bugreports, then they tell me to go to the forum to tell you guys that I can’t file bugreports because the ’register an account’ form is broken, woohoo lucky me that registering an account on the forum works
I had Jay Gilmore on skype yesterday, who told me it has been fixed, however I still get a silent fail every time I try to register.
2) If you enter an ’incorrect username / password’ today (after it has been ’fixed’) you don’t get a message that the user/pass is incorrect, you’ll get an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.
1) Fix the 500 internal server error on incorrect username / password.
2) Fix any scenarios where your login form could silently fail. (You should NEVER silently fail, it’s by far the worst / most frustrating experience you can give a new user like me.)
3) Test if you can now properly register a new account (don’t just test that, test all scenarios and verify that you’ll get the proper response / error message and no silent failures).
Here’s what I tried:
- Register in Chrome 10
- Register in Chrome 11 (today)
- Register in Firefox 4
- Tried all of the above in ’Incognito mode’ so no cookies are used
- Tried clearing my flash cookies (because I’m not sure what these do in incognito mode)
Oh, and I’m on Windows 7.