We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    I’m using an old Dell laptop with a 14" screen, running fedora 14 and firefox. The new modx.com page layout is unusable on this machine because the lower menus (in the bar below the search box) won’t fit horizontally and wrap. This puts the About menu button in the body directly under the Revolution button, and when the mouse tries to enter the revolution menu dropdown it immediately fires off the About choices and I can’t get to any of the Revolution dropdown menu choices.

Otherwise the screen looks nice, and on a larger screen the menu’s don’t have this problem. I dunno if the menus are designed to wrap or if this is a peculiarity of fedora’s firefox.

[EDIT] Oops, my mistake, I got my laptops confused. I’m on a pretty new Toshiba Satellite laptop with AMD cpu and 15.5" screen. [/EDIT]
      ======
      Doug G
      ======
    • What version of Firefox are you using and what is the screen resolution? I noticed the same issue with Firefox 4, but it has been resolved for me.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 15 Posts
        I was just coming back to update the screen resolution! s:)

Firefox 3.6.13, fedora 14 is all updated, and screen is 1280x800. If I get a chance I’ll boot this laptop into Vista and see if firefox in windows does the same thing.

[EDIT] OK, I’m back using Window Vista Home Premium, same laptop, firefox 3.6.13, screen 1280x800 and the menu doesn’t wrap. Maybe linux fonts cause some page rendering differences or something, I don’t have any Microsoft fonts installed in fedora, I’m just using whatever was the default sans-serif font. In windows it’s Tahoma. In linux I did try firefox zoom, but even though the menu bar size shrunk considerably the menu wouldn’t unwrap.

Also I just checked a Fedora 14 desktop with a 17" flatscreen not widescreen set to 1280x1024 and the menu didn’t wrap. [/EDIT]
          ======
          Doug G
          ======
          • 15 Posts
          A follow up: I got the MS fonts installed on Fedora. The default font in Firefox was sans-serif, 16pt. As soon as I changed the default font to Tahoma 16pt the menu unwrapped. Strangely, changing the default sans-serif font size to 14pt didn’t unwrap.
            ======
            Doug G
            ======