We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    Sentimentality aside, my only real concerns about the capital X are the number of existing sites, books, blog posts, and other references to the old orthography that won’t ever change and the fact that the community as a whole wasn’t involved earlier in the decision-making process. I can certainly live with whatever the decision is and I’m sure it’s not an easy one to make.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 372 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at Feb 15, 2011, 05:53 AM

Quote from: goldsky at Feb 11, 2011, 01:24 PM

Honestly speaking, based on my experience on creating several company logos, I just don’t see the philosophical sense of the new logo.
      There is no strong image when seeing it alone.

I believe, this logo is apart of the MODX, LLC as a company.
      If it’s true, why don’t the core-team once again set up a logo competition like before?

+1.

Maybe a logo will turn up that keeps us from having to change from MODx to MODX, which I’m personally dreading.

+1

MODx FTW!!!
        DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
        DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
        gus -- Google URL Shortener
        makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
        MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.
        • 372 Posts
        So the main color for MODx was green, does that mean the main color for MODX will be blue, with a rainbow accent?

I see blue trending a lot for other content management systems. (Well most of current web sites too, Facebook, Twitter, etc..)
          DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
          DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
          gus -- Google URL Shortener
          makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
          MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.
        • I’ve noticed that colors seem to run in cycles. The web is transitioning from a lot of greens to a lot of blues right now.
            Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
            Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
            Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
          • What about the community for Non-English Speakers?
            There was a page that http://modxcms.com/community/in-your-language.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">mentioned about them.
            Now it’s not.

Not all of good developers can read/write english.
            Spreading MODX to the non-english educational based community also becomes hard if it’s only available in english.
            Some acknowledgment to those dedicated sites will help us to build our community extensively.
              Rico
              Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
              MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
            • Getting the International Communities right is a HUGE priority for us. We have to finish out our site infrastructure first though including porting our forums over, and a few other awesome things in the works.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • To clarify, Ryan is saying that we will be preparing the modx.com site for internationalization and translation to local languages as deeply as possible. In the meantime we’ll be creating resources to direct people to contribute to translating the project as well as somewhere within the community pages share information about community development and list some of the international community sites. It is in our plans that the entire main website and documentation be translated and be the hub of all things MODX no matter what language you speak, read or write.

Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                  • 1,336 Posts
                  A quick question about the new logo, I use the MODX logo on my Aide Mémoire Google Chrome extension, downloading the new logo and just dropping it into the extension package gives a picture like the one attached. Its a bit small and squashed compared to the old one.

I’ve not tried to edit/resize or do anything else with this, should I and if so what exactly? Graphics are not my strongpoint to say the least.

Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
                  • It’s expected that icons be square and therefore you’ll need to add height to the image to make the height and width equal and that should solve your problem. Or crop to a square to just use the x - Device.

Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub