We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 247 Posts
    I’ve just started with revolution and love the tone of enhancements, but I’m finding it hard to find information about issues I’ve been coming across. It’s hard to do searches on a revo topic without either getting evo solutions, or not finding all the revo solutions. I’ve noticed that the search on this forum works within whatever section you’re in, so If I am browsing the support forum for revo 2.0.0 I can sometimes find what I am looking for. However there are revo topics in the general discussion forum and we’re at version 2.0.3 and if the forum starts splitting into separate versions it will be increasingly hard to find relevant information easily.

The two versions, Evo and Revo, look like they are treated as version differences. While there are some similarities, for most people(I’m guessing) they are two completely different CMSes, and to someone that’s entirely new to Modx this uncertainty between evo and revo could become a deterrent to using either.

I was thinking if it would be possible to split the board for the different versions or integrate a compulsory tag system where every post is either (or both in some cases) and off topic.

I really like the stackoverflow system, and find it is easy to search for answers and get answers quickly. I’m wondering what people’s thoughts are on moving some of the discussions there?
    • Thanks for your feedback. We are planning to make improvements to the forums here over the next few months. We know the search is very limited on the forums and we intend on finding a more robust and well performing search solution as well.

With regard to stackoverflow it is easy to search and get answers but the MODx development experts are here on the MODx forums. I don’t think that pushing questions to another system would be the solution. I think taking the great features of other forums and enhancing these makes far more sense.

Don’t hesitate to offer more suggestions so we can make the forums better for everyone.

Cheers,

Jay
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 247 Posts
        ... the MODx development experts are here on the MODx forums. I don’t think that pushing questions to another system would be the solution. I think taking the great features of other forums and enhancing these makes far more sense.

Agreed smiley

but what about just being fabulous? Or posting the questions on both and if there is an answer on either updating the other? While it is more work, I’m thinking it could add to public recognition/perception of modx. (I’m so sick of seeing droopal this, joomla that smiley