We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 85 Posts
    Hi,

for my work I am doing some work on the company facebook page.
    And I wondered, why is there no MODX facebook page?
    with some automated news, refrence to this forum/site

it could help a lot of ppl find the way to MODx.

greetings
      www.tornooi.net online database for (sport) events in dutch.
      To be redesigned, rewritten to modx with multiple languages...
      ANY help appreciated, I cannot offer money but I can offer free advertising on the site. just message me.
      • 1,098 Posts
      • Thanks for posting that microscipcip.

djemmers, we’ve been on Facebook for while but it looks like we need to make it easier for people to find.
          Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
          • 2,314 Posts
          actually quite easy to find: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=facebook+modx&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=7d866b396c0044cd
          • Thanks @sharkbait, I was referring to the idea of providing readily available links to our various social media spaces for people. We are on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Vimeo and soon YouTube. It’s pretty social here too.
              Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
              • 85 Posts
              verry strange!!!
              When I searched for modx in facebook it gave me 2 other results.
              I followed the above link.
              And now the correct page is right in there.

as for getting more fans...
              why not:
              *put a "like this" button on top of the homepage? (also a follow us for twitter)

Now facebook users don’t really "see" that there is a modxcms out there.
              the more ppl like it the more will come.
              You should see it like this:
              if you only use facebook to get ppl to come and see modx, not that many will come from there.
              When you use the modxcms site to get ppl to become fan on facebook all their friends will see that their friend became fan of modx on facebook and they might check it out. and who knows, maybe they will become fan in turn...

that’s the social media cascade you should try to get on!

Same is applicable for twitter (maybe in a lesser degree)

in short: a like this button on you website is a must when you have a facebook page!

*edit: I just read smashingred replies: that’s the same as I am saying, don’t hesitate, put those (small) links on the site. Ride that social media cascade!
                www.tornooi.net online database for (sport) events in dutch.
                To be redesigned, rewritten to modx with multiple languages...
                ANY help appreciated, I cannot offer money but I can offer free advertising on the site. just message me.