We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 48 Posts
    Just went in to the profile manager and updated my signature line. Saved and noticed that my avatar went missing.

When I went back, I saw that there were only three options for picture: no picture, actor or musician. Am I missing a way to upload a different image?

I’m using Safari as my browser.

EDIT - I checked with Firefox and same thing, so it seems to be the way the forum is set up.
      Michael Henderson
      MODxCMS + Dreamhost P/S + BBEdit
      Safari + Mac OS X 10.8
      • 82 Posts
      * bump *

Yeah, what’s the deal?
        • 159 Posts
        somebody with an insight maybe to answer the question? grin
          Michael Shraibman( gOmp)  | Freelance Design & Development | wink  impossible is nothing...
        • Aint there a radio button "I will upload my own avatar" under the select list you’re referring to?
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 159 Posts
            there isn’t :\
            it’s odd, cause i had a picture before. after editing my signature it’s vanished.
            maybe the moderators unchecked that choice. or maybe it’s just a bug
              Michael Shraibman( gOmp)  | Freelance Design & Development | wink  impossible is nothing...
            • We were hacked once through the forum software via the avatar upload system, so we have disabled it in the best interest of keeping the information flowing.
                • 159 Posts
                oh.. well, it’s good to just be aware of.
                it means that who has personal avatar may lose it whenever updating the ’Forum Profile Information’ as i did?
                bummer :\

so who has it, be aware to keep it laugh
                maybe some day we’ll all have our personal avatars too.

thanks for the response jason
                  • 110 Posts
                  Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 28, 2010, 01:30 PM

We were hacked once through the forum software via the avatar upload system, so we have disabled it in the best interest of keeping the information flowing.
                  This feature ever get turned back on?
                    Sal Sodano
                    President & Co-Founder of SkyToaster
                    My Website Salscode.
                    • 110 Posts
                    Quote from: thekiller237 at Mar 05, 2011, 07:26 AM

Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 28, 2010, 01:30 PM

We were hacked once through the forum software via the avatar upload system, so we have disabled it in the best interest of keeping the information flowing.
                    This feature ever get turned back on?
                    Think I figured it out, I hit 50 posts today and noticed that now I have the avatar option!
                      Sal Sodano
                      President & Co-Founder of SkyToaster
                      My Website Salscode.
                      • 48 Posts
                      Quote from: thekiller237 at Mar 07, 2011, 04:49 AM

Think I figured it out, I hit 50 posts today and noticed that now I have the avatar option!

that’s sneaky
                        Michael Henderson
                        MODxCMS + Dreamhost P/S + BBEdit
                        Safari + Mac OS X 10.8