We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    When going to modxcms.com I noticed there was a button divider missing on the main nav bar between "bugs & requests" and "get involved".

Alright, now I’m off to learn ModX!
    • Probably depends on your window size. They are actually two separate menu sections; and in the source they are separated by the search field. The search field has been moved to the far right with CSS.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
      • I’m viewing the site on 25" screen and there is no separation when maximized

You see "BUGS & REQUESTSGET INVOLVED" granted they are two links, but they touch as if space/divider missing...
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
          • 6 Posts
          I’m viewing on a 24" screen at 1900x1200 - it’s not my resolution that’s causing it.
            • 6 Posts
            Quote from: sottwell at Dec 05, 2009, 02:30 PM

Probably depends on your window size. They are actually two separate menu sections; and in the source they are separated by the search field. The search field has been moved to the far right with CSS.

So it seems like it was fine, until you moved the search field with CSS, and forgot to come up with a new divider.
              • 289 Posts
              I was about to make a new topic for this, but I found this one via Google.

The problems still exists. It’s a really simply fix, though, so maybe somebody will see this and take a minute to fix it.

It looks like there are two menus (done by Wayfinder?), and the last element of the first one has this:
              class="last"

Simply remove that class from it and the divider should show up.

I’m on a 22" screen and the resolution definitely has nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like it’s going to take more than that to fix it.
                I'm learning more about MODx all the time and loving it.
              • A screenshot in case there is still question of the issue: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1749172/modx.jpg

I’ve even tried stretching the site across both of my 25" screens with no avail. If it if 3840px width isn’t enough....

Anyways I would love to see this fixed. I would try to debug the issue, but i’m overloaded with MODx projects currently...
                  Patrick | Server Wrangler
                  About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                  • 236 Posts
                  I’m seeing this again, I’m sure it went away for a while.
                    • 23 Posts
                    The container has a fixed width of 960px so it doesn’t really matter what kind of resolution you have on your monitor as most have at least 1024px.

There is just too much content on the metaheader bar.

Easiest way to fix this is to decrease the the right padding on the #metanav li and #signin li a bit. You can set it to 16px or so.

#metanav li, #signin li {
                    background:url("/assets/images/meta_separator.gif") no-repeat scroll right center transparent;
                    padding-right:20px;
                    text-align:right;
                    }

The only problem is that the seperator isn’t centered anymore so you also have to decrease the width of the meta_seperator.gif.
                      • 265 Posts
                      Quote from: Compeek at Jun 09, 2010, 07:34 PM

It looks like there are two menus (done by Wayfinder?), and the last element of the first one has this:
                      class="last"

It’s def the missing class="last" - it’s easy to see in firebug. Specifically, that class inserts this divider image:
                      "/assets/images/meta_separator.gif"

not that i’m being pedantic or anything ...