We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 150 Posts
    This is more of a request for the MODx site, rather than MODx itself, but I didn’t know where else to post it I should have posted it here, sorry.

In the Downloads/Repository/Resources, the snippets/plugins/modules are listed for downloading. I understand this is reserved for released and fully developed products, but the problem I’m running into is there are a lot of references to items NOT listed in there.

For example, on one of the current wishlist items, Ryan referred to a tvExplorer module. So, I went searching for it in the Downloads/Repository/Resources. I couldn’t find it there, so I had to go back to the forums where, when searching, I’m faced with multiple topics I have to search through to find the actual information and download for this module.

So, what I’m requesting is there be another Downloads/Repository/Resources for betas and such where people can gether information or at least easily monitor development of upcoming snippets/plugins/modules. I think this would help newcomers to MODx who are trying to find out what extensions are available for MODx. There’s a ton of great, useful items that are developed and in wide use that never seem to make it to the downloads page. Just so we’re clear, I did read the post here about where to find things, but newbies to MODx are very likely NOT to see that. Maybe a note linking to that could be put in the Repository near the top?

While we’re at it (this should probably be another topic) can we get some coherence going for what the Downloads/Repository/Resources, as well as other items in MODx, is actually called? While helping others learn MODx, I’ve had some trouble getting them to understand differences in documentation. For example, Folders in MODx are also referred to as Containers and that’s become confusing for people.
      • 3,250 Posts
      I moved your post to the correct forum for you.

What about having in our main repository a beta tag or flag (like Audited or Featured) so that you can quickly see if something is beta.

The post you mention concerns where to post things not where to find them. However, a modified version that says where you likely to find useful things would make a good article.
        • 150 Posts
        Quote from: Mark at Mar 20, 2007, 03:43 PM

I moved your post to the correct forum for you.

Thank you.

What about having in our main repository a beta tag or flag (like Audited or Featured) so that you can quickly see if something is beta.

That’s what I was looking for.

The post you mention concerns where to post things not where to find them. However, a modified version that says where you likely to find useful things would make a good article.

True. I think documentation clarification would really help the situation. ;-)

Thanks, Mark.