We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,250 Posts
    I believe the user accounts should be integrated between SMF and MediaWiki so that editing the wiki is as simple as editing a forum post.

Thus, I propose that this extension be installed on our MediaWiki install

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/SMF/Users_Integration
      • 7,075 Posts
      Pretty interresting idea Mark !
      I wasn’t aware this existed, I might need this for a project, thanks for the pointer...

I do second your suggestion, pending testing the reliability and efficiency of this add on...
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • I do not think this is possible with the current setup. The MODx WikiPedia instance is on a MODx contributor’s private server, separate from the other MODxCMS.com applications (MODx, SMF, Flyspray).

Using distributable user authentication and profiling features that are going to be available in a future release of MODx will likely be the better solution to this problem, and this could even be extended to other MODx resources or localized MODx sites once in place. IMO, our efforts will be better spent making that happen rather than working with specific integration techniques meant to bridge only two of the specific applications (SMF and WikiPedia) that form part of our user identity problem.